The following identifications are eligible when Satisfactory Evidence is required (Jurat, Acknowledgment). 

1. Identification card or driver’s license issued by the California Department of Motor  Vehicles

2. A passport issued by the Department of State of the United States
The following documents must be current of have been issued within five years and shall contain a photograph and description of the person named on it, shall be signed by the person, shall bear a serial or other identifying number, and, in the event that the document is a passport, shall have been stamped by the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service:

A) A passport issued by a foreign government, provided that is has been stamped by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services;

(B) A driver’s license issued by a state other than California or by a Canadian or Mexican public agency authorized to issue drivers’ licenses.

(C) An identification card issued by a state other than California.

(D) A United States military identification card with the required photograph description of the person, signature of the person, and an identifying number.  (Some military identification cards do not contain all the required information.);

(E) An inmate identification card issued by the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, if the inmate is in custody; or

(F) An employee identification card issued by an agency or office of the State of California, or by an agency or office of a city, county, or city and county in California.

For information on Credible Witness identification or procedure(s) please visit (Civil Code sections 1185(a)(b)(3)&(4), 1189, Government Code section 8202) or visit


Traveling Notary Offices in Los Angeles and Calabasas

For inquiries or appointments:
(818) 687-4407 or (310) 427-9039